1994 Cheltenham Festival Horse Racing Gold Cup Horse Racing
The 1994 Cheltenham Gold Cup was a horse race which took place at Cheltenham on Thursday 17 March 1994. It was the 67th running of the Cheltenham Gold Cup, and it was won by The Fellow. The winner was ridden by Adam Kondrat and trained by François Doumen. The pre-race favourite Jodami finished second.
The Fellow won the Gold Cup at his fourth attempt, and he was the first ever winner of the race trained in France.
This was to be the final year BBC television broadcast the race.
- Sponsor: Tote
- Winner’s prize money: £118,770.00
- Going: Good
- Number of runners: 15
- Winner’s time: 6m 40.7s
* The distances between the horses are shown in lengths or shorter. shd = short-head; PU = pulled-up; UR = unseated rider.
† Trainers are based in Great Britain unless indicated.
Further details of the winner, The Fellow:
- Foaled: 2 May 1985 in France
- Sire: Italic; Dam: L’Oranaise (Paris Jour)
- Owner: Marquesa Soledad de Moratalla
- Breeder: Mlle A. M. Gaulin
- news.google.co.uk/newspapers – New Straits Times – March 19, 1994.