Cheltenham Festival 202314 – 17 March 2023
2007 Cheltenham Festival Horse Racing Gold Cup Horse Racing
The 2007 Cheltenham Gold Cup was a horse race which took place at Cheltenham on Friday March 16, 2007. It was the 79th running of the Cheltenham Gold Cup, and it was won by the pre-race favourite Kauto Star. The winner was ridden by Ruby Walsh and trained by Paul Nicholls.
Earlier in the season Kauto Star had won the first two legs of the Betfair Million, the Betfair Chase and the King George VI Chase. The Gold Cup was the final leg, and his victory earned a bonus prize of £1,000,000.
- Sponsor: Totesport
- Winner’s prize money: £242,335.00
- Going: Good to Soft
- Number of runners: 18
- Winner’s time: 6m 40.46s
* The distances between the horses are shown in lengths or shorter. shd = short-head; PU = pulled-up; UR = unseated rider.
† Trainers are based in Great Britain unless indicated.
Further details of the winner, Kauto Star:
- Foaled: March 19, 2000 in France
- Sire: Village Star; Dam: Kauto Relka (Port Etienne)
- Owner: Clive D. Smith
- Breeder: Marie-Louise Aubert
- telegraph.co.uk – “”Kauto Star wins Gold Cup”” – March 17, 2007.