Cheltenham Festival 202412 – 15 March 2024
2011 Cheltenham Festival Horse Racing Gold Cup Horse Racing
The 2011 Cheltenham Gold Cup was a horse race which took place at Cheltenham on Friday March 18, 2011. It was the 83rd running of the Cheltenham Gold Cup, and it was won by the pre-race favourite Long Run who beat three previous winners of the Gold Cup in Kauto Star, Denman and defending champion Imperial Commander. Long Run was ridden by Mr Sam Waley-Cohen and trained by Nicky Henderson. Waley-Cohen became the first amateur jockey to win the Cheltenham Gold Cup since Jim Wilson on Little Owl in 1981 while Long Run was the first six-year-old to win the race since Mill House in 1963.
- Sponsor: Totesport
- Winner’s prize money: £285,050.00
- Going: Good
- Number of runners: 13
- Winner’s time: 6m 29.70s
- Amateur jockeys indicated by “”Mr””.
* The distances between the horses are shown in lengths or shorter. shd = short-head; nse = nose; PU = pulled up.
† Trainers are based in Great Britain unless indicated.
Further details of the winner, Long Run:
- Foaled: April 5, 2005 in France
- Sire: Cadoudal; Dam: Libertina (Balsamo)
- Owner: Robert Waley-Cohen
- Breeder: Mrs Marie-Christine Gabeur